Overview of Hostel
Giethoorn's only hostel The Black Sheep offers budget accommodation with free breakfast, heaps of charm and a prime location. This renovated thatched-roof farmhouse from 1888 is located in one of the most central and picturesque locations Giethoorn has to offer, making it an attractive starting poin
- Take bus 70 from Steenwijk station; get off at stop Giethoorn Zuid*
- Walk back in the direction you came from
- Turn right at the parking lot of 'Smit Giethoorn' (flanked by big red flags)
- Turn left when you get to the canal
- Cross the first bridge on your right, and voila!
*Previously named Hotel Giethoorn, and still referred to as such on Google maps, but when using this name bus drivers might drop you off at the actual hotel by that name one stop north of Giethoorn Zuid bus stop.
- Fill in 'Frensensteeg' on your navigation
- On the Frensensteeg, after you cross a small bridge, follow the road slightly veering off to the left
- We're at the second private road on the left!.
- Located right by the main canal (Dorpsgracht) - Sights within walking distance - Five minute walk from bus stop - Accessible by car and parking space available - Boat rental and café/restaurant opposite hostel
Conditions & Policy
Credit Cards Accepted
The Black Sheep Policies & Conditions: Cancellation policy: 24 hours before arrival. Payment upon arrival by cash. Check in from 14:00 to 19:00 . Check out before 12:00 . Taxes not included - tourist tax 1.00 EUR per person per night. Breakfast included. General: Reception: 8:30-19:00. No curfew. Non smoking.